Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Baking for pleasure is a First world luxury--one I take advantage of and appreciate. For me, filling my kitchen with sweet smelling, pretty, tasty confections fills me with pride. My American need for immediate gratification along with my taste buds' desire for sweetness are always fulfilled. I just put on the radio and bake until my little heart's content (or begging for mercy). Smells of ginger, cinnamon, chocolate and mint perfume my kitchen, filling my soul with bliss. As I survey the fruits of my labor, reality sets in, and I think," Why the hell did I make all of this food?" The moment ends, I wrap up my creations and ponder who will receive a tasty treat from me tomorrow. Forgetting the logical, the next time I am so moved, the process begins again.

No comments: