Friday, December 02, 2005

A lot of people are embarrassed to admit they have profiles on online dating websites. Men and women alike smile sheepishly when discussing online dating and through gritted teeth, change the topic of conversation. Because people are so private about online dating, what should I do when I see a friend's profile online--a friend who never mentioned they are online dating? He/she never said that they had set up a profile online, I never asked, but now I see their smiling faces on my computer screen. Do I drop them a line through the dating site, so they can see that I also have a profile, and therefore they have no reason to be embarrassed? Do I email or call them and say," Hey nice profile and picture online!" Do I not say anything, but squirm with knowledge and curiosity next time I see them? I have given this a great deal of thought on the treadmill and rowing machine, but no answers have come to mind. Of course I would hate to embarrass anyone, but it would be nice to have someone with whom I could share the trials and tribulations of online dating. This is a great dilemma, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

No comments: